Jam Day 1
So today is day 1 of the ScoreSpace x 8 Bits to Infinity ~ Arcade Controls Jam I'm building this for. Already starting to panic on scope. Surprise surprise.
I'd been keen to actually get into this for the past week or so. I had the idea about a week ago, and it was a struggle to wait until the jam began. I'd done as much as I felt was fair within the rules, doing prototype main menu and player controllers, and I was excited to get into this. I woke up earlyish to begin work as soon as humanly possible. Still wasn't going to wake up at jam start @ 3am, but early enough.
So what was achieved:
- Game renamed. I felt the new name suits it better
- More work on the player controller
- Firing guns & bullet physics
- Level 1 half complete
- Prototype hud
- Game Over Screen
- More work on the Main menu
- Player preferences saving & loading
Tomorrow, the plan is:
- Enemies. Including modeling, AI & pathing. Way behind schedule on these
- More levels
- Level transitions
- Top score saving
Honestly, day 2 is ambitious.
The final day is for audio & polish. I'm going to need as much time for audio as possible.
Get Wave Runner 1985
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.